Welcome to Uptown!
At the intersection of West Lake Street and Hennepin Avenue lies a vibrant and diverse urban community that is a destination like no other in the Twin Cities. Throughout the year, business activities and events such as the City of Lakes Loppet in the wintertime to the Uptown Food Truck Festival, Bastille Day and the Uptown Art Fair in the summer enhance the energy of the Uptown community.
Businesses and commercial property owners guidance on protecting private property. Absent additional emergency orders, generally the City is not in the position to direct what you do with your personal private property. We do have the following suggestions:
- Please keep yourself and your loved ones safe. Please consider taking measures to secure the property, such as removing cash drawers and boarding windows.
- If you choose to stay at your business or property, please avoid confrontations.
- Please plan a secondary exit in the event of a confrontation and leave the area. Do not engage with anyone breaking in or threatening you. Once in a location of safety, plan to connect with loved ones. Choosing to stay and defend your business property puts yourself, those you encounter, and the general public in danger
- Calling 911 continues to be the best way to report unlawful activity as it connects directly with dispatchers
Speaking of festivals, The Uptown Art Fair, produced by the Uptown Association, is a juried fine arts festival with a reputation as one of the most exceptional art fairs in the United States. Through a rich history and constant innovation, the Uptown Art Fair showcases a variety of quality art for everyone’s budget. Click here to learn more about this exciting event set in the urban landscape of Uptown each summer during the first full weekend of August.
Stay up to date as new COVID-19 information is available:
- MN DEED has an excellent guide to the federal and state programs.
- Visit the City’s Coronavirus website and review the FAQs for business.
- Join a weekly conference call with the office of Mayor Frey at Noon each Friday. You can also submit your questions in advance online.
- Subscribe to the City of Minneapolis Plan. Launch. Grow. newsletter for small businesses