Work With Us
The Uptown Association is now accepting applications for the following intern positions.
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three references. The cover letter needs to include work and education background, availability and how your experiences directly relate to the responsibilities of this position. Applications must be received by March 8, 2019. Please indicate the title of the internship in the subject line.
Please submit applications to:
NO CALLS PLEASE.
Digital Outreach and Program Management – Paid Internship
OVERVIEW: The Uptown Association is a non-profit member based organization serving the Uptown Minneapolis area since 1975 with an office located on Hennepin Avenue near Lake Street. The Association is also the producer of the Uptown Art Fair, a nationally renowned fine art show that is held annually the first full weekend of August.
JOB DESCRIPTION: This Uptown Association internship program provides an excellent opportunity for students to receive hands-on experience in the planning and execution in two components of the Art Fair- social media and the culinary arts competition. We are looking for a candidate to enhance their educational experience in the areas of journalism, event planning, project management, communications and marketing. The candidate will be working with our team to continuously research and develop content across various communications channels including our website, print pieces and on social media. The candidate will also assist be in the project oversight of the culinary stage working with chefs, artists, sponsors, judges, fair-goers and kitchen staff.
- Researching, developing and delivering engaging social media and web content
- Creating a social media plan for the 2019 Uptown Art Fair
- Management of social media communities including community growth, hashtag curation and conversation management
- Assisting with tracking social media /web analytics
- Calling and scheduling judges, chefs and artists for the competition
- Writing culinary completion content and posting
- Managing on-site logistics of culinary arts competition including stage preparation, performance sessions and supplier and sponsor interactions
- Scheduling, working with media
- Other duties as assigned
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or marketing. Recent graduates seeking an internship opportunity also welcome to apply
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite & WordPress
- Extensive familiarity and hands-on social media experience
- Passionate about content creation
- Excellent organizational skills
- Self-starter, detail-oriented, creative and a team player
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Must be available to work in our Uptown office
Internship to start in middle to late May. Hours are full time (35-40 hours per week). There are no weekend hours except for the Uptown Art Fair (August 2-4). Must be available through August. The position has a stipend payment based on performance.
Volunteer Coordinator – Paid Internship
OVERVIEW: The Uptown Association is a non-profit member based organization serving the Uptown Minneapolis area since 1975 with an office on Hennepin Avenue near Lake Street. The Association is also the producer of the Uptown Art Fair, a nationally renowned fine art show that is held annually the first full weekend of August and celebrating its 56th anniversary in 2019.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Uptown Association internship program provides an excellent opportunity for students to receive hands-on experience and will be involved in the planning and execution of various aspects of the Art Fair with a focus on volunteer coordination and management. Candidates need to be available to start in mid to late May and must be available to work through August. Hours are FULLTIME (30-40 hours per week). There are no weekend hours except for the Uptown Art Fair (August 2-4). The position has a stipend payment based on performance.
Candidates who are interested in enhancing their education experience in the areas of marketing, business, entrepreneurial management, mass communications and information technology should consider applying. Recent graduates are also welcome to apply. Position requires interacting with stakeholders in the community, working with database management programs, interacting with people of all ages, strong communication skills and the ability to be a strong team leader. Position has a lot of variety and includes working with every aspect of the art fair including coordinating schedules, outreach for volunteers, activity documentation and follow through with a take-charge attitude.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Project management experience
- Detail oriented
- Creative self-starter
- Ability to multi-task
- Independent problem solver
- Strong leadership skills
- Require little supervision
- Outgoing personality
- Strong writing skills
- Microsoft Office Suite a plus