Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Uptown Art Fair?
Now in its 59th year, the award-winning Uptown Art Fair is a celebration of the creative, diverse Uptown community. Explore professional works of art ranging from limited editions to one-of-a-kind treasures in 12 mediums including sculpture, painting, glasswork, jewelry, multimedia, and more! Showcasing over 320 artists, 24 exciting food options, and countless activities and entertainment, the Uptown Art Fair is the place to be this summer!
Where is the Uptown Art Fair located?
The Uptown Art Fair is located at the intersection of Lake Street and Hennepin Avenue, and The Mall in Uptown Minneapolis. You can find a map of the 2023 Uptown Art Fair here.
How much does it cost to attend?
The Uptown Art Fair is free and open to the public! We still recommend saving that allowance of yours to take home a piece of art!
What should I do at the Uptown Art Fair?
- Browse incredible works of art from more than 320 professional artists from across the country (29 different states; 132 new artists; 153 Minnesota artists) in twelve different mediums.
- Peruse locally made, grown, raised, sourced, and produced products at the first-ever Uptown Art Fair Marketplace.
- Enjoy hands-on activities and demonstrations from Sprayfinger and Highpoint Center for Printmaking
- Catch a glimpse at the up-and-coming Picassos of Minnesota at the Youth Art Fair, and support them just like the professional artists.
- Chow down on a wide variety of tasty treats, catering to all tastes and diets, see all the vendors and locations here.
- Throw back a cold one at several beer gardens located throughout the Art Fair
- And more – you’ll have to attend to see for yourself!
What artists are exhibiting this year?
Find a complete list of all of our artists in the 2023 Artists Gallery. Browse mediums and booths, and scope out which piece you want to take home this year!
Where can I get food? What options are available?
Food vendors are located throughout the Art Fair (see map for details), the Uptown Art Fair has plenty of tasty options to satisfy the whole family’s cravings. Check out our current list of food vendors HERE.
Where can I get water, soda, and beer?
- Beverages will be available for purchase at various stations throughout the fair. Please see the map for locations.
- The Uptown Art Fair sells a variety of alcoholic beverages during the fair. Please be aware of the following if you plan to purchase alcohol: MN law requires that proof of age for purchasing alcohol may be established only by one of the following: A valid driver’s license (if you have an expired license, please bring renewal paperwork to accompany it). A valid state identification card or from Canada, which includes a photograph and date of birth of the person; or valid military I.D. issued by the U.S. Dept. of Defense, valid passport, valid tribal I.D
- In order to streamline processes for our guests and volunteers, all beverage sales will only accept credit cards onsite at this year’s art fair.
- Refill your water container with Tap Minneapolis refillable water stations located two locations.
Are furry friends allowed?
Dogs are allowed, but we recommend exercising caution when deciding to bring them to the Uptown Art Fair. From delicious food to precious works of art – the sights, sounds, and smells of the Art Fair could be overwhelming for your furry friends. Park rules should be followed at all times – animals should be leashed and under control, and appropriate clean up action should be taken.
Are there bathrooms?
Yes – See map for details.
Where are first aid stations located?
First aid is provided during all hours of the art fair with a first aid tent on location and air conditioning available at Art Fair Headquarters inside Seven Points Uptown
Where can I find parking?
- There is plenty of parking available to the general public during the Uptown Art Fair. Along with limited street parking in the surrounding Uptown neighborhoods.
- Handicap parking is located on Lake St (in between Humboldt and Fremont Ave). Please see the map for details.
- A free Bike Valet is available all three days of the art fair right off the Greenway and Humboldt
- See Transportation & Parking page for more details.
Where is the lost and found?
During the weekend of the Uptown Art Fair, Lost and Found is located at the Art Fair headquarters inside Seven Points Uptown, you may also email email@example.com
Can I buy Uptown Art Fair merchandise?
Yes – Uptown Art Fair merchandise will be available for purchase located at Lagoon and Hennepin Ave. Check out exciting styles featuring Minnesota and Uptown
Can I set up a booth at the Uptown Art Fair?
Only pre-approved vendors are allowed to sell food or merchandise, or distribute information at the Art Fair. Non-approved vendors are NOT allowed to set up booths on Uptown Art Fair grounds per the City of Minneapolis permit, anyone doing so will be asked to leave the property. Thank you for your cooperation!