Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Uptown Art Fair?
Now in its 56th year, the award-winning Uptown Art Fair is a celebration of the creative, diverse Uptown community. Explore professional works of art ranging from limited editions to one-of-a-kind treasures in 12 mediums including sculpture, painting, glasswork, jewelry, multimedia, and more! Showcasing over 320 artists, 24 exciting food options, and countless activities and entertainment, the Uptown Art Fair is the place to be this summer!
When is the 2019 Uptown Art Fair?
Friday, August 2: Noon – 8 p.m.
Saturday, August 3: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Sunday, August 4: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Where is the Uptown Art Fair located?
The Uptown Art Fair is located at the intersection of Lake Street and Hennepin Avenue, and The Mall in Uptown Minneapolis. You can find a map of the 2019 Uptown Art Fair here.
How much does it cost to attend?
The Uptown Art Fair is free and open to the public! We still recommend saving that allowance of yours to take home a piece of art!
What should I do at the Uptown Art Fair?
- Browse incredible works of art from more than 320 professional artists from across the country (36 different states and 2 other countries) in twelve different mediums.
- Peruse locally made, grown, raised, sourced, and produced products at the first-ever Uptown Art Fair Marketplace.
- Get your Instagrammable caffeine fix at the first-ever Uptown Art Fair Latte Art Throwdown.
- Enjoy hands-on activities and discover the incredible work being done by local nonprofits in the Charitable Partner Tent.
- Watch accomplished chefs and artists go head to head in the Culinary Arts Competition presented by Kitchen Window.
- Catch a glimpse at the up-and-coming Picassos of Minnesota at the New Horizon Academy Youth Art Fair, and support them just like the professional artists.
- Create your very own clay project for free at the Northern Clay Imagination Station.
- Chow down on a wide variety of tasty treats, catering to all tastes and diets, see all the vendors and locations here.
- Throw back a cold one at several Indeed Beer Gardens located throughout the Art Fair, and be sure to try our exclusive beer – called Hibiscus Shenanigans Uptown Art Fair Edition.
- And more – you’ll have to attend to see for yourself!
What’s new in 2019?
- Indeed Brewing Company Hibiscus Shenanigans Uptown Art Fair Edition
- Uptown Art Fair Marketplace
- Latte Art Throwdown
What artists are exhibiting this year?
Find a complete list of all of our artists in the 2019 Artists Directory. Browse mediums and booths, and scope out which piece you want to take home this year! We are also celebrating the 2019 Featured Artist Chuck U.
Where can I get food? What options are available?
Food vendors are located throughout the Art Fair (see map for details), the Uptown Art Fair has plenty of tasty options to satisfy the whole family’s cravings.
Where can I get water, soda, and beer?
Pepsi products, bottled water, and Indeed beer will be available for purchase throughout the fair. Please see the map for locations.
In order to streamline processes for our guests and volunteers, the Uptown Association’s water and pop tents, as well as the Indeed beer booths, will only accept credit cards onsite at this year’s art fair.
Refill your water container with Tap Minneapolis refillable water stations on Friday and Saturday of the art fair.
Are furry friends allowed?
Dogs are allowed, but we recommend exercising caution when deciding to bring them to the Uptown Art Fair. From delicious food to precious works of art – the sights, sounds, and smells of the Art Fair could be overwhelming for your furry friends. Park rules should be followed at all times – animals should be leashed and under control, and appropriate clean up action should be taken.
Are there bathrooms?
Yes – See map for details.
What happens if there is severe weather?
The Uptown Art Fair takes place rain or shine. In the case of severe weather, please seek shelter at the locations on the map. We will announce any cancellations or additional information on Facebook and Twitter in the event of severe weather.
Where are first aid stations located?
First aid is provided during all hours of the art fair by our friends at Park Nicollet with a tent also on location at the intersection of Lake and Hennepin.
Is there an ATM?
Yes – Several ATMs available for your convenience. See map for details.
Where can I find parking?
There is plenty of parking available to the general public during the Uptown Art Fair. Along with limited street parking in the surrounding Uptown neighborhoods.
Handicap parking is located on Lake St (in between Humboldt and Fremont Ave). Please see the map for details.
See Transportation & Parking page for more details.
Where is the lost and found?
During the weekend of the Uptown Art Fair, Lost and Found is located at the Uptown Association office at 2815 Hennepin Avenue S., email email@example.com
Can I buy Uptown Art Fair merchandise?
Yes – Uptown Art Fair merchandise from Shameless Inc. will be available for purchase located at Lagoon and Hennepin Ave. Check out exciting styles featuring Minnesota, Uptown, and featured artist Chuck U. You can even bring home the 2019 Uptown Art Fair commemorative print.
Can I set up a booth at the Uptown Art Fair?
Only pre-approved vendors are allowed to sell food or merchandise, or distribute information at the Art Fair. Non-approved vendors are NOT allowed to set up booths on Uptown Art Fair grounds per the City of Minneapolis permit, anyone doing so will be asked to leave the property. Thank you for your cooperation!